Sepak takraw : Substitution
1. There shall be no repeat of the same player in any team competition involving more than one Regu.
2. Substitution of a player is allowed at any time on request made by the Team Manager to the Official Referee when the ball is not in play.
3. For Regu competitions, each Regu may nominate a maximum of two (2) substitutes for any match, in addition to three (3) starting players. Each Regu may make up to a maximum of two (2) substitutions per set.
For Team competitions, each Regu may nominate a maximum of one (1) substitute for any match, in addition to three (3) starting players. Each Regu may make up to a maximum of two (2) substitutions per set.
All substitutions are subject to the authorisation of the Court Referee, and must be executed at the side of the court in view of the Match Referee. Substitutions may only be made between points, or immediately prior to the start of a set.
One (1) or more substitutions may be made at the same time (Regu competitions only).
If a Regu starts a set with different players from those who finished the previous set, each change shall be considered as a substitution which has taken place in the new set.
4. Each Regu will be allowed to make a substitution for injury provided that the Regu have not utilized both substitutions in that set but if the Regu have utilized both substitutions, the game will ends and the Regu will be considered as having lost.
5. Any Regu having less than 3 players will not be allowed to continue the game and will be considered as having lost.
6. If a player is shown a red card and is sent off, that playe's Regu is allowed to make a substitution, provided that his/her Regu has not already utilized both substitutions in that set. If his/her Regu has already utilized both substitutions in that set, the game will end and the Regu with the sent-off player will be considered as having lost.
Reference : Department of Physical Education, Ministry of Tourism & Sports
Learn more : Sepak takraw